Sunday, June 5, 2011

May Monthly Update

Monthly update time!  For my blog:






In the month of May, my blog earned $7.11, a nice increase from the $.87 I earned in April.  Here are my Lending Club returns:



A quick description: my Net Annualized Return (NAR) is new because my Interest Received is $0.00.  My loans are still young, my first interest payment is due on 6/7/2011.  Once my loans start paying out, then I will have a better reading of my real NAR. 

I have $5,000.31 in Lending Club (the $.31 was an initial transfer from my bank to Lending Club for verification purposes).  So if I have received no interest, then why does the last column, Account Total, state $5,115.14?  This total includes $100 I received for investing $2,500 in loans after being referred by a friend.  The extra $14.83 of Accrued Interest is an approximation.  It is about the amount of interest that I would have received if the interest paid to me was continuous instead of discrete, monthly payments.  For accounting purposes, I prefer using the discrete, monthly payment way (if I can’t use the money, why should I account for it?).  Once I have some good numbers I’ll show you how I account for my NAR next month.

The information available at Michael Grabowski is for your general information only and is not intended to address your particular requirements.  This information is not any form of advice by Michael Grabowski and is not intended to be relied upon by users in making any investment decisions.  Michael Grabowski is not liable for any loss or damage which may arise directly or indirectly from use of or reliance on such information.

No comments:

Post a Comment